Thursday, June 02, 2016

CONTEMPORARY STILL LIFE by TOM BROWN

CLICK HERE for this original 4x4” oil painting
I wanted to push the traditional still life in a new direction. I wanted to see what would happen if I put some ENERGY and MOVEMENT into a still life. Add some LIFE to it, and create a "NOT-SO-STILL" still life. And I was surprised at how lively it turned out.
     That made me want to see how this concept could extend into other paintings, so I ended up doing a series of four rather than just one. I was equally excited at how they all turned out. Below you can see all four together.
     I know they're not for everybody, but these little jewels are truly something original. Especially when the whole series is displayed as a grouped set.
     If you feel the same way you might want to grab them right now, before someone else does. Because when they're gone, they're gone!
     Questions: Email me here: tombrownstudio@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home