Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Story Behind A FALL LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN

I was attracted to this scene by the colorful Autumn foliage. Or that’s what I thought.

But it was actually much more than that. As I painted I realized that it was actually the total sensory experience that attracted me.

The crunchy Autumn leaves underfoot. Their fresh scent in the balmy breeze. The warm sunlight on my shoulders. And small birds chirping away among the trees.

And that’s actually what makes Plein Air paintings like this so special. All the senses are involved; and that seems to come through and become part of the actual painting.

I think this is a good example. And I was quite pleased with how this one turned out; hope you like it too.

BTW – This one’s just $35 in my eBay store, but it’s the only one of its kind. So if it’s to your taste, don’t let it get away.



Got a question? Email me here:
tombrownstudio@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home