Monday, September 30, 2013

PALM TREES, OCEAN, MINIATURE OIL PAINTING by TOM BROWN


I painted this along the coast in Laguna Beach, California on a bright sunny day.

For a Plein Air artist, painting miniatures is a wonderful way to capture scenes when inspiration strikes and there isn’t time to work larger. In fact it’s one of the ways I teach artists in my Plein Air workshops to clarify their concepts for compositions.

Their small size gives an artist the chance to bring the idea to life without danger of overworking it and trying to include too much detail.

Often the result is far more refreshing than a larger piece with more detail. I think this is a good example.

I liked the way this painting captured the spirit of the moment. It’s almost like I can feel the warmth of the sun and smell the clean fresh air at the ocean.

Miniature oil paintings like this are like little jewels, sparkling with color and life. This is a great way for new collectors to afford original artwork.

I offer these small paintings on Etsy as a way to introduce my work to new collectors. They make treasured gifts or wonderful additions to your own collection. In fact I currently have a number of new $15 paintings this size available on Etsy. You may want to click below to see the others also.

If you like this one, don’t let it get away.

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE THIS $15 PAINTING while it’s still available:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/tombrownfineart?ref=seller_info

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home