Sunday, September 29, 2013

HARBOR AT NEWPORT BEACH, PLEIN AIR OIL PAINTING by TOM BROWN

 

There’s something special about getting outdoors and painting directly from Nature. It’s my favorite way to paint. All the senses are involved. While I’m painting I am aware of the warmth of the sun on my shoulders, the gentle breeze, the pleasant sounds of birds circling overhead. It’s wonderful.

And I’ve noticed that paintings created this way somehow reflect that; they have a spontaneity and ring of truth to them. This particular painting is a good example.

I painted this at the edge of Balboa Island in Newport Beach. I shot a photo of the scene as I painted, to be able to compare the photo with my artistic “vision” of the scene. And the results were interesting.

Later when I checked the photos on my computer I noticed that the camera failed to record the “mood” of the moment. In my painting the colors are more alive; there’s more “sparkle” for want of a better word.

To me, the painting is a more accurate representation of the truth of the moment and what I felt when I was there painting it. I hope you can sense that as well.

I’ve placed today’s painting on eBay at a very reasonable price. If you would like to add this little jewel to your personal collection you may want to place a minimum bid now. Don’t let this one get away.

CLICK HERE TO BID NOW:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg  
BTW – if you’re an artist and you’d like to learn to paint like me, check my latest videos listed in the column on the right side of my blog.

Thanks for stopping by.
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home