Tuesday, October 16, 2012

CLOUDS, TREES, MOUNTAINS, TOM BROWN, 5x7 inch PLEIN AIR CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST ORIGINAL OIL


$1 AUCTION. CLICK HERE:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg

It’s rare to get skies with such dramatic clouds here in Southern California. It was an exciting opportunity and I couldn’t resist getting out to paint this while I had the chance. The colors of the landscape were very subtle and muted because of the weather conditions, and it was refreshing to capture that.

I shot a photo of the actual scene for comparison with my interpretation of it while I painted this en plein air. The photo allows you to see where I took artistic license and altered things slightly in order to make a better picture.

Of course the clouds were constantly moving and changing, so that was the first part of the composition I captured. And when the light on the distant foothills was at its most interesting, I locked in that part of the painting too.

It was an invigorating day in the fresh air and I was very pleased with this painting. I hope you enjoy it too. Thanks for stopping to look.

Click the auction link above if you would like to bid on this painting; it has an opening bid of just one dollar.

Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home