Monday, August 27, 2012

NOSTALGIA, FIREFLIES, LIGHTENING BUGS, TOM BROWN ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING

ANOTHER PAINTING IN MY NOSTALGIA SERIES:
My brothers and I loved to catch “lightening bugs” when we were small. The empty lot next to our house had plenty of them, and they were easy to catch. We’d put them in an old jelly jar that had holes punched in the lid. When it was bedtime we would release them back into the empty lot.

I did sketches of this memory many years ago, always intending to create a painting from it. I recently came across a box of long-forgotten sketches in the back of my studio and the sketches for this painting were among them.

Keep an eye on my blog for more of these cherished memories of bygone days. I'll show a couple more each week.

If this one speaks to you CLICK HERE TO BID:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg

Thanks for stopping to look,
Tom Brown tombrownstudio@cox.net  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home