Sunday, May 06, 2012

LAKE HOUSE, SKY, TREES 8x6 in. ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR OIL PAINTING by TOM BROWN


CLICK HERE TO BID:

“LAKE HOUSE”
8x6 in. ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR
OIL PAINTING by TOM BROWN
This was painted entirely on location as I taught a Plein Air Workshop in the late afternoon. I’m including a photo of the scene taken while I painted this. I thought it might be interesting for comparison with my interpretation of the scene.

When the photo was shot the mountains in the background were barely visible to the camera, and I enhanced them somewhat in my painting. I also simplified the grassy bank in the foreground, and included a path to the water which was actually farther to the left and out of the photo. I also show reflections in the lake. These reflections disappeared when a breeze disturbed the surface of the lake, and so the photo doesn’t show these reflections.

Thanks for looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home