Tuesday, April 10, 2012

ONE DOLLAR AUCTION – MINIATURE SOUTHWEST DESERT SUNSET by TOM BROWN



How this painting happened is a funny story. While driving in the desert at sunset I witnessed this fantastic light and color on the mountains. I knew the magic would go quickly, but I wanted to capture it first. No time to waste.

I pulled to the side of the road, opened my sketchbook (the first thing that was handy), and did a 30-second pencil sketch of the big shapes: mountains, trees, desert floor. Bam! Just the basics.

Then I whipped open the little paintbox you've seen in my YouTube videos. With a few rapid-fire flicks of the brush I captured the colors, right over the pencil sketch. Bam, bam, bam. Got it! And just in time. A moment later it all disappeared.

But not before I captured the sun here.

Wouldn't you like this little bit of sunshine on your wall? Don't let it get away.

This is a three-day auction with a ONE DOLLAR starting bid. The auction ends Friday evening at 7:50 PDT. CLICK HERE IF YOU’D LIKE TO CAPTURE THE SUNSET:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190665675634

Thanks for looking
tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home