Sunday, February 26, 2012

FREE PLEIN AIR WORKSHOP NOTES from TOM BROWN




There are many ways to approach Plein Air painting. We explored just one of them in the class where this 12x16 inch canvas was painted.

In a new 5-session workshop beginning in Orange County this Saturday I will teach more about this method and other approaches to creating successful Plein Air paintings.

For example I’ll show how to paint in an even bolder and “more painterly” way. And the opposite: how to paint in a much tighter and more “realistic” way.

I’ll show interesting surfaces to use that give different results than canvas. I’ll demonstrate economical equipment options, ways to choose the best view to paint, and much more.

Email me for more information about my new 5-session Plein Air workshop, or to get a free copy of the notes that recap highlights from the class where this painting was done.
tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home