Tuesday, February 07, 2012

CAMILLE PRZEWODEK and MATT SMITH NOTES, WORKSHOP INFORMATION by TOM BROWN



ARTISTS: JOIN MY SPECIAL SATURDAY WORKSHOP – SECRETS TO PAINTING MORE “KEEPERS” ON LOCATION.

FREE BONUS:
Everyone who attends will receive a free online tutorial of this lesson following the workshop. See me at class for details.

DON’T MISS THIS ONE!
I’ll show you tips, tricks and techniques that work every time. For example I’ll show you how to identify and nail down the “magic” you see in nature.

And how to spot the values and hues that will give your painting a solid foundation.

I’ll get you started on the right path right away, for an easy start and successful finish.

The workshop will be held at an inspiring location on Saturday morning, February 11 from 9am to noon and the cost is just $20. This location has convenient parking, restrooms and shady trees to sit beneath as we paint. Email for details: tombrownstudio@cox.net

About today’s painting:
On this blog recently I’ve been discussing some of the artists whose work I enjoy. Matt Smith and Camille Przewodek are among them. Matt Smith tends to use subdued hues while Camille Przewodek emphasizes bold, lively colors in her work.

I use whatever is most appropriate to express the mood I wish to convey at the moment. This includes the entire range of color, from the very saturated hues of yesterday’s painting to the more muted, restful colors of this painting.

On this particular day the lighting and colors were softer and grayer, so my painting leans toward colors that capture that feeling.

And yet I wanted to maintain a lively feeling at the same time, so I used a palette knife rather than brushes for this one. This was painted during a Plein Air workshop I taught for other artists. For comparison with my painting I’m including a photo of the actual location taken as I painted this.

“EDGE OF THE WATER” is a 6x8 inch original oil painting on a Masonite art panel.
To bid on this painting click here:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

In coming posts I’ll discuss more of the artists whose work has influenced my own development. I hope this brief discussion was of interest. If you would like to comment, please email me here:
tombrownstudio@cox.net

Thanks for stopping by.
Tom Brown

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home