Monday, July 25, 2011

PAINTING AT THE OCEAN WITH TOM BROWN





This is another painting done at my Saturday morning workshop.

It was actually my first one of the day. I began this painting early in the morning when a marine layer created a grayed effect to the scene. Color was still discernable, but it was muted. I “pushed” the colors a bit in my painting to bring more life to it (using my artistic license).

The photos below this painting show this gray color effect, but as we painted the sky cleared and the sun came out. The photo above my painting shows part of the group after the skies cleared. Yesterday’s blog shows a painting I did during the sunny part of the day.

I call this one: “CRASHING WAVES
5x7 inch original plein air oil painting
by Tom Brown

Email me for purchasing details:
tombrownstudio@cox.net

Also visit my $1 eBay Auctions:
http://shop.ebay.com/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Thanks for looking.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home