Sunday, May 29, 2011

URBAN BLACK EAGLES, TOM BROWN 6x6 INCH eBay AUCTION





SOLD
These birds regularly gather in my yard to be fed. We actually began feeding them awhile ago as a deterrent to a group of raucous parrots that gathered in a tree behind our home. It’s an interesting story.

The wild parrots are beautiful to watch and it might seem like a tropical treat to have them in your yard. But they arrive in our yard VERY early in the morning and they’re NOISY.

Early one morning as I sat on the patio with my coffee I watched these big black birds chase away the squawking parrots. And an idea was born.

I began feeding these birds and they began regularly acting as sentries to keep the parrots quiet. We still get the parrots, but not as early in the morning and they don’t gather in such large noisy groups. Everyone is happy.

This is one of two 6x6 inch oil paintings I did of these black birds. The paintings can be displayed alone or as part of a matched set, and both paintings are currently auctioned on eBay. I call this one “URBAN BLACK EAGLES, I.”

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown
tombrownstudio@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home