Friday, April 01, 2011

LARGE FREEWAY PAINTING BY TOM BROWN



This piece is different than my usual blog paintings. I realize it’s not for everyone. But I’d been wanting to paint this for quite awhile and finally took the time.


The large easel that I used for most of my Plein Air TV shows was perfect for this, since this canvas is larger than I normally use on-site. I chose a comfortable vantage point beneath the 405 freeway at Culver and brought along a cup of Starbuck’s for inspiration.


I kept this almost abstract in design, to support the “edgy” urban look I wanted to capture. In the right home this one will make a strong statement. I call this 12x16 inch oil painting “CITY SOUNDS”. Thanks for looking, and have a day filled with sunshine. As always, comments are welcome: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Randall said...

Nice one, looks like a William Wray!

~Kirby

10:10 AM  
Blogger Clair Hartmann said...

I really love this painting!!

http://clairhartmann.blogspot.com/

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home