Tuesday, April 26, 2011

LARGE CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST PAINTING BY TOM BROWN



ARTISTS: This Saturday morning I’m planning a special PLEIN AIR workshop on HOW TO PAINT BIG, BOLD & FREE on location. Email me for details if you’re interested in attending.

I’ll show how to use a large canvas and pull off a winner every time, with impact and flair.

Just being able to cover a big canvas on location is part of the issue. Especially when the light keeps changing. I’ll show you what I do about that.

Another thing is how to paint things like grasses, trees and foliage where it’s so easy to get bogged down with detail. I’ll show you how to keep it fresh and lively, and still make it convincing.

It might be worth it even if you plan to just come and watch.

“FOOTHILLS AND EUCALYPTUS” is a 24x36 inch original oil painting. Inquiries are welcome tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home