Friday, January 28, 2011

LARGE NEWPORT BEACH PIER BY TOM BROWN


“PIER PLEASURE”
16x10 inch original plein air
oil painting by Tom Brown

For purchasing details email: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD
I painted this on location in Newport Beach this past summer. It’s been hanging on my studio wall since then, and I’ve finally decided to share it here.

I clearly remember the day. We had warm balmy breezes and sunny skies; a perfect day to hang out at the beach and enjoy the view.

I used very bold, painterly strokes in this piece. Even when painting the figures on the beach. A couple of golden-haired suntanned “California girls” in the foreground and mere suggestions of other beach goers near the water’s edge.

I felt that captured the feeling of the day at the beach, and refrained from adding any more details or tightening up any portions of the painting. I wanted to keep the freshness of this piece just as it is. Hope you like it; enjoy the view.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home