Wednesday, November 17, 2010

COASTAL PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN



“ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE”
6x8 inch original plein air
oil painting by Tom Brown


The paint itself was actually the reason for this painting. The scenery was almost secondary. As I explained in yesterday’s blog post, surface texture can help communicate the pure emotion I feel when painting. And that emotion is what this painting is all about.

To imbue the painting with the dramatic light and color of the sunny day, I used thick, juicy strokes of lush oil paints. They create an almost “sculptural” feeling on the surface of the painting.

The result is a painting that always offers something fresh and new to discover each time it is viewed. Take a closer look at the detail image for a better example of this brushwork.

I painted this on location during the Plein Air Workshop I conducted for other artists last Saturday.

Email me if you would like this painting.
tombrownstudio@cox.net

And remember to check out my eBay auctions for gift ideas at special Holiday prices.
http://shop.ebay.com/tombrownfineart/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home