Thursday, October 07, 2010

LAGUNA CANYON FOG PLEIN AIR STUDY BY TOM BROWN


“LAGUNA CANYON FOG”
Approx. 5x7 inch original oil painting
by Tom Brown

Off to the left of Laguna Canyon Road I spotted this marvelous little scene while driving up the canyon early one morning. I had no time to do a full-sized painting so I quickly recorded the essence of the scene in this little oil study on canvas.

The plan was to use it as the basis of a larger studio painting when I had the time. Somehow I’ve never gotten around to doing the larger painting. What is it they say? The best laid plans of mice and men . . .

Because of its size, this little study seems to have a special charm that I feel it wouldn’t be the same in a larger painting.

I’ve had it on my studio wall now for more than ten years, and finally decided to share it on my blog.

Thanks for stopping.
Tom Brown

tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home