Monday, September 13, 2010

LARGE PLEIN AIR BEACH PAINTING BY TOM BROWN




"WET FEET, WET EASEL AND EVERYTHING"
12x16 INCH ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR
OIL PAINTING BY TOM BROWN
SOLD


I painted literally at the water’s edge and everything got doused as I worked on this painting. Everything but the canvas. I managed to keep the canvas high above “splash level” and succeeded in getting it to safety when it was completed.

After painting the small study posted yesterday I moved to the opposite side of the pier and decided to paint this much larger canvas.

This is another painting done at Huntington Beach while participating in the annual Invitational Plein Air event. While participating in this event I completed more pieces than are permitted in the show, and decided to hold this one out.

It has LOADS of thick, juicy oil paint on the surface to capture the feeling of the crashing, swirling surf. (Take a look at the detail image.)

Thanks for looking and let me know if you like it.

If you’d like this painting for your home email for details: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen Read said...

Lovely composition! So nicely done!

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home