Tuesday, September 21, 2010

CLARINET PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“SWEET LICORICE STICK”
5x7 inch original oil painting
By Tom Brown


Somebody hiccupped when they were passing out musical talent, and I got skipped. My father and one of my brothers were wonderfully talented on the clarinet, and my son is also very gifted on it.

Currently my son prefers to pursue his art rather than music, and I can understand that. But while listening to Pete Fountain’s musical genius the other day I was inspired to pull out my son’s clarinet and paint it. This is the result.

Let me know if this one speaks to you: tombrownstudio@cox.net
Thanks for looking.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger nancy wood said...

Oh, that is so beautiful, so simple, I know how many years it takes to arrive at that kind of simplicity, how lovely!The story is even more spell binding in it's simplicity, we know you now, that you had a childhood with a brother, and that your son inherited your bothers music genes, it's so comforting and warm to have a part of your life, and the visual that goes with it. It truly stopped me dead in my tracks. So illuminating. Wow.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home