Monday, August 30, 2010

VINEYARD, WINE COUNTRY, TOM BROWN CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST ART



"WINE COUNTRY"
6x8 INCH ORIGINAL VINEYARD
OIL PAINTING BY TOM BROWN

SOLD

A trip to wine country offered me the chance to indulge two of my passions: enjoying fine wines and painting stunning landscapes en plein air (on site, directly from nature). I also shot a number of photos to use as reference for paintings once I returned to my home studio.

Sometimes I paint things as I would LIKE to see them rather than recording the literal facts. I take what nature offers as a “suggestion” rather than something I must follow slavishly.

I thought it would be interesting to show the scene as it actually appeared, as well as how I used that to form the basis of this painting. I hope you like my interpretation.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Teressa Sliger said...

I really enjoy your paintings, your technique, and the way you interpret a scene instead of just painting what you see. Thank you for sharing.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home