Saturday, July 17, 2010

TOM BROWN PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE, DUCK POND



“A SITTING DUCK”
5x7 INCH ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING
BY TOM BROWN
SOLD

I had a camera with me so I was able to snap a photo of this scene before I finished. But the ducks were constantly moving and I failed to get them in the shot. The title of this piece comes from the lone duck who was sitting quite still as the others swam toward him. He’s off to the right side of the pond in my painting.

It was a gray day, which muted all the colors that would normally be bold and vibrant. I found it to be a restful change of pace from the brilliant sunshine we’re used to here in Southern California. This is one of the locations where I’ll be conducting a Plein Air Workshop in the coming weeks. It’s a very inspirational setting.

This painting was done with a brush rather than a knife like yesterday’s palette knife painting. In the coming days I’ll occasionally feature more of my small palette knife paintings as well as other paintings done with a brush like this one.

This painting is very affordably priced at the moment. If you would like it to grace your walls, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home