Friday, July 02, 2010

SOUTHWESTERN DESERT LANDSCAPE PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“BEAUTY OF THE DESERT”
8x10 INCH ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING
BY TOM BROWN
SOLD

The beauty of the desert is often overlooked as people speed through it on their way to another destination. But when crossing the desert I sometimes like to take a random side road that seems to go nowhere special and pause to drink in the majesty of this surprisingly beautiful landscape.

To fully appreciate it, you must pause awhile. Let the rest of the world go by, and get in touch with your quiet side. Savor the stunning landscape for what it is. And then continue on your way refreshed and invigorated.

When I encountered this magnificent view I happened to have my pochade box handy. This is the same paintbox I demonstrated in a recent video.

Because of that I was able to capture this dramatic vista on canvas. I hope you like it. If you would like this touch of Southwestern color for your home, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Thanks for looking.
Tom Brown


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger nancy wood said...

You can buy the box without the divider at Office Depot, I bought five of them, four large and one very small purse size, and it has changed my life so much for the better, that I can not imagine how I got through the day with my unmanageable materials previously. Really the box is perfect for chalk and pens, and just about everything. Thank You so much. Nancy Carol

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home