Friday, July 09, 2010

COLORFUL PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE BY TOM BROWN



“LONG SHADOWS & SOLITUDE”
6x8 INCH ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR
OIL PAINTING BY TOM BROWN

On country roads with little traffic I sometimes take a chance and set up my pochade easel right in the roadway. That’s exactly what I did here when the afternoon light and color were too much to resist. Fortunately I was undisturbed the entire time I painted. Not a single car passed, and I lived to tell the tale.

Shadows crept across the road while I worked, and so I included these long shadows in the painting. But the photo shows the scene as it looked when I first set up my easel. Hope you like this little glimpse of country solitude. If you’d like this spot of color hanging on your wall, email me for purchasing details: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Have a safe day, and thanks for looking.
Tom Brown



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home