Thursday, June 03, 2010

BOLD, COLORFUL PALETTE KNIFE PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


"ABANDONED"
5x7 INCH ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING
BY TOM BROWN

To purchase this painting email tombrownstudio@cox.net

I've painted this derelict building in the past, but couldn't resist capturing it one more time while I was in the area and had my pochade paintbox handy. To paint this picture I used my palette knife, which results in very bold and dynamic statements of color and value. It adds a lot of punch to small paintings like this.

I enjoy switching from painting with a brush to working exclusively with a palette knife as I did this time. By varying the approach I find that it keeps my work fresher in each medium.

I love the colors in the scene, with the towering trees, the building tucked away beneath and the randomness of the foreground. Something about it speaks to me. Hope you like it, too.

Thanks for looking.
- - Tom Brown

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger padmaja said...

Hi Tom, enjoying your painting is such a delight..simple style that results in such spectacular works.Very very nice!

3:57 AM  
Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

It reminds me of a trailer which I'm very into. I've been painting in a trailer park near my home that's right on the ocean. It has classic old trailers that have been there since the 60's.
This is a great knife painting.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home