Monday, May 03, 2010

VIDEO & PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN




"BENEATH THE TOWERING GIANT"
5x7 INCH PALETTE KNIFE PLEIN AIR PAINTING
BY TOM BROWN


Palette knife painting is spontaneous and free. It goes right to the essence of the subject with dynamic strokes of paint that pulse with energy. (Click the detail image for a better look.)

I painted this little jewel using a palette knife and my custom pochade paintbox that everyone is talking about.

I like to alternate between working with a palette knife and my more customary approach to oil paintings where I use a brush. Each is distinctly unique, and alternating from one to the other keeps my work fresh in both mediums.

I hope you like the mood of this painting. If you would like it for your wall email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net. Thanks for looking. - Tom Brown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home