Sunday, March 07, 2010

IMPRESSIONIST STILL LIFE by TOM BROWN


"A SLICE OF COLOR"
6x8 inch Impressionist Still Life
Original Oil Painting
by Tom Brown

To purchase this painting email tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

I always enjoy painting still life subjects. Especially something with stunning color like this.

Today was somewhat rainy so I decided to stay in the studio and paint a still life rather than venture out to paint on location. I'll admit it; I'm a "fair weather" plein air painter. When rain threatens I prefer to stay indoors.

My friendly neighbor gave me a branch from his orange tree to use in this composition. It added that special touch to the painting of oranges and the vase with blue and gold accents.

This one was a pure joy to paint - and I stayed nice and dry too. Hope you like it.

Thanks for looking, and I wish you a colorful day.
-- Tom Brown

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann Reyes said...

Beautiful, Tom! I love this one!

8:11 PM  
Blogger R Yvonne Colclasure said...

I love the jewel-like colors of this one Tom. It is beautiful and appears much larger than 6 x 8.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Diane Hoeptner said...

Wow, yes jewel like, I agree with R Yvonne, LOVE it!!

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home