Wednesday, February 03, 2010

SKY AND CLOUDS, LARGE PLEIN AIR by TOM BROWN




“UP, UP AND AWAY”
16x12 inch Plein Air Impressionist
Original Oil Painting by Tom Brown
SOLD

Sometimes things fall into place effortlessly. This was one of those times. Clouds just kept rising up and up, seemingly forever. The entire scene was truly awe-inspiring, and that was the feeling I wanted to capture here.

This canvas is 16x12 inches, larger than I usually paint outdoors. One of the challenges when working this size is to maintain the freshness and bold brushwork that is typical of smaller paintings. I think I nailed it here. If you click on the detail image you can see it better.

This one will probably go into a gallery later this year, but if you would prefer to get it at “pre-gallery” pricing, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Thanks for looking. Have a stunning day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home