Tuesday, January 12, 2010

SUNSET LANDSCAPE, TOM BROWN PLEIN AIR PAINTING


“A MOMENT OF PASSION”
6x8 inch California Impressionist
plein air oil painting by Tom Brown
SOLD

The last rays of golden sunlight swept across the distant hills and warmed the colors of the trees at the edge of this farm. The sky was a mix of subtle hues that made my heart beat faster. This is what I wanted to capture; the emotion of the moment! Feelings. Life. Passion.

My paintings are about the spirit of the subject rather than fussy details. I paint what moves me when I encounter a scene, instead of merely recording dry, lifeless facts.

I think I caught that here – the emotional essence of the moment. I hope it brings a moment of joy to your day too.

Thanks for looking, and if you’re interested in this little jewel, email me for purchasing details: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger nancy wood said...

The Spirit!! That is so validating, because sometimes when I draw someone the person looks at me with astonishment and says, 'is that how you see me, like a movie star!' And in fact it is, everything is so vibrant and beautiful, everything, I do a lot of depictions of homeless camps, dumps, and when people look at the drawing, they say, 'Oh my god, that is so beautiful, can I come there too, and live there with you!' It does look like heaven, but that's because the spirit of it is heaven, in a dump sort of a blight way. Would you please put aside a drawing of your's for me. You decide which one, I just love the way you draw; I'll send you a retainer, post haste. NC

6:34 PM  
Blogger nancy wood said...

I keep coming back to this one because it is affirming; my professors used to admonish me not to have emotions, "Don't fall in love, just record the facts." What's the point! If not to fall in love, you may as well tell a mother not to fall in love with her child. Life is about love. I'm so glad you said it in so many words. N Wood

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home