Friday, January 01, 2010

RARE PLEIN AIR NEW YEAR’S EVE BLUE MOON by TOM BROWN


“NEW YEAR’S EVE BLUE MOON, 2009”
8x10 inch Impressionist
plein air oil painting by Tom Brown
To purchase this painting email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

This is a true Plein Air painting of the “BLUE MOON” on New Year’s Eve, 2009. It was painted entirely on location at night, using my specially designed nocturne plein air kit.

A BLUE MOON occurs on New Year’s Eve only ONCE every 19 years, and I certainly didn’t want to miss this historic occasion. This is my final painting of 2009, and it’s especially meaningful because of the rarity of the event.

I painted this entire canvas outdoors on location, on New Year’s Eve. The moon was at this point in the sky fairly early in the night, so I was able to complete this painting and get back in time to properly ring in the New Year with champagne. We’re off to a great start!

Thanks for looking. I wish you a very Happy New Year!

Tom Brown

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger FCP said...

The painting is wonderful! Happy New Year Tom; and thank you for all the inspiration you have given your readers. You are an excellent teacher; thanks so much for sharing all that you have learned in such an enthusiastic manner!
Wishing you all the best for the new year,
Faye

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home