Saturday, January 02, 2010

PLEIN AIR IMPRESSIONIST OIL PAINTING by TOM BROWN


“NATURE’S HARMONY”
6x8 inch Impressionist
plein air oil painting by Tom Brown
To purchase this painting email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

Plein air paintings ring true to nature more than photos or imagination. Photos are notably inadequate for capturing the true range of color that the artist’s eye can observe on location.

That is one of the reasons plein air paintings are valued so highly. They sparkle with life like little jewels and capture the feelings, mood and spirit of the moment.

In the studio I sometimes work from these small plein air paintings to create larger gallery-sized canvases. This has long been a common practice among master painters like Kevin Macpherson and Scott Christensen as well.

I am in the process of creating a series of larger works for gallery exhibitions later this year, and will sometimes use my small plein air pieces as the basis for some of them.

In the coming months you will see some of my larger paintings here, as well as more of my small plein air paintings.

A book of my paintings will also be available later this year, which will feature a variety of my paintings including small plein air work as well as larger studio pieces. Stay tuned for more information.

THANKS FOR LOOKING AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home