Tuesday, December 01, 2009

NOCTURNE PLEIN AIR OIL PAINTING by TOM BROWN




“NIGHT LIGHTS”
5x7 inch California impressionist
plein air oil painting by Tom Brown

SOLD

I like to paint outdoors at night, directly from nature. To paint nocturnes on location I use a small paintbox that is entirely self-contained. I simply open the box and I’m ready to paint. When I finish, I just close the lid and I’m packed to travel.

I have a small headlamp that fastens to my cap. It illuminates the painting and palette while I work, yet preserves my night vision. I am including a photo taken after painting another nocturne. You can see the paintbox and headlamp on my cap.

These small paintings make terrific Holiday gifts, and they are very reasonably priced at the moment. Prices will be going up soon, so grab it if this one appeals to you.

Email me for purchasing details: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home