Sunday, December 27, 2009

LARGE SOUTHWEST PLEIN AIR IMPRESSIONIST LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN



“A WHOLE LOT OF NOTHING”
16x8 inch California impressionist
plein air oil painting by Tom Brown
To purchase this painting email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

To those not familiar with the desert it often seems like a whole lot of nothing. But there is actually a great deal of wonderful landscape to explore, both physically and through paintings.

This scene is an off-road vista near Palm Springs, California. The muted hues and quiet Southwestern panorama were more than I could resist. I found it a treat to paint on a somewhat larger canvas than is normally used for Plein Air painting, while maintaining my loose, painterly style and bold brushwork.

In 2010 I will be working on a number of large studio paintings for galleries and that got me in the mood to work larger than normal on location as well. During my January Plein Air Workshop I’ll also be teaching other artists how to work successfully on large canvases when painting on location.

Thank you for making 2009 a wonderful year for me. I appreciate the support of each of you who have been my loyal collectors and students over the years. I look forward to a very exciting 2010 and I wish each and every one of you success and fulfillment in the New Year.

Tom Brown

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home