Friday, October 09, 2009

IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR PAINTING, FREE ONLINE ART LESSON by TOM BROWN


“MAGIC MOMENTS”
6x8 inch California impressionist
plein air oil painting by Tom Brown


Yesterday I posted a plein air nocturne and offered a FREE ONLINE ART LESSON for other artists, packed with tips on how to get started. Email me for your free copy if you’re interested. And keep an eye on my blog to see another plein air nocturne soon.

Today’s painting was done on location (en plein air) at the edge of a wetland wildlife preserve. I was particularly interested in the reflection of the trees in the water.

Near the distant bank the surface of the water was opaque, but in the foreground the water became more transparent and I could see hints of the rocks beneath the water. I wanted to capture that effect in this painting and I was pleased with the results. I hope you like it too.

This painting is very affordably priced. Email me for details: tombrownstudio@cox.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home