Thursday, October 15, 2009

AFFORDABLE IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR PAINTING by TOM BROWN




“DON’T FENCE ME IN”
5x7 inch California impressionist
plein air oil painting by Tom Brown

I sometimes jump over fences to reach and paint an interesting scene. In this case I decided I could work by simply looking through the cyclone fence that blocked the edge of this abandoned airfield.

I shot a few photos to show the actual scene along with my painting as it developed. Fellow artists who follow this blog might find the photos interesting.

Once again I want to thank everyone for such enthusiastic replies about my online art lesson on “COLOR MIXING MADE EASY”. I’m pleased everyone has found it so eye-opening and helpful. Especially the sections on greens, spectrum grays and my favorite: “optical” color mixing. Thanks again for your kind words.

Keep an eye on this blog for another completely FREE mini art lesson soon. It incorporates a number of concepts covered in the COLOR MIXING guide.

And if you haven’t received your free mini lesson on painting plein air nocturnes, email me and get yours today. It’s completely free.

To purchase today’s affordably priced painting email me for details: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Thanks for looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home