Wednesday, August 12, 2009

UNIQUE PLEIN AIR IMPRESSIONIST PAINTING by TOM BROWN


“LAGUNA BEACH STUDY”
21x4.5 inch original plein air oil painting
by Tom Brown

SOLD

This is a piece I did as a preliminary study. I painted this on location at Heisler Park in Laguna Beach, with plan to use this as the basis for a larger studio piece.

Since taking this back to my studio I have decided that it seems to stand on its own as a finished piece, as loose as it is. There is a certain charm to the subtlety of hues in the distance and a drama to the panoramic sweep of the composition.

Currently it lives on my studio wall, but I felt it would be interesting to share it here on my blog.

If you decide you can’t live without this painting email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Thanks for looking. Have a beautiful day!

3 Comments:

Blogger 33dp said...

Tom-

I love the immediacy and looseness of this piece! Makes me want to come visit!!! I love Laguna.

Thanks for posting this delicious morning treat,

Cheers,
Jami J

7:49 AM  
Blogger Dewberry Fine Art said...

Really like this one Tom. Great use of the format and wonderful loose brushwork.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Marian Fortunati said...

Gorgeous, Tom...

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home