Wednesday, August 19, 2009

ART, BARNS AND PHILOSOPHY by TOM BROWN


“PATCHWORK QUILT”
8x10 inch original impressionist
oil painting by Tom Brown
SOLD

In time a barn may need more storage, so an addition is built. Succeeding generations continue the trend.

And eventually the effect resembles a patchwork quilt, home-made and effective. Full of wonderful, rich stories if we listen carefully.

Artists are visual storytellers. We can reach out to someone and touch their heart. And let them know we see and feel the same things they see and feel.

I try to do this in my art. And in my teaching. Like the online art lesson yesterday, where I showed artists how to capture a sunset on canvas and share it with others.

A good storyteller can soothe the soul after bad news or a hard day’s work. And lift the spirits to carry on until the next day or the next story.

We’re all in this life together. And if I can reach out to touch someone and make their day a bit brighter, then maybe they will feel more connected. More secure. A good story can do that. I hope mine does.

Thanks for looking. Make your day a beautiful story!

To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love the additions to the barn. You are a good story teller and as artists we are trying to touch others and you do.
I love your brushwork.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home