Friday, July 24, 2009

CAREER TIPS and URBAN FREEWAY PAINTING by TOM BROWN


Today’s painting:
“PASSING BY”
6x6 inch original plein air oil painting

by Tom Brown
To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

ARTISTS: Want to know how to create RED-HOT SALES in a down economy? Let me know if you’re interested.

It’s not only possible; it’s easier than you think. I’ll offer some tips about it on this blog soon if there is enough interest. Here’s why.

Artists keep asking me how to improve sales in a down economy. The truth is that sales can be better than ever, even in this economy. If your marketing efforts are on target. But most artists don’t have a clue.

Every day I’m asked a million questions by “wannabe” artists – artists who could actually make good money from their work if they did things right. They ask:

Where should I show my art?

How can I make more people see my work?

Do I need to advertise?

Do I need a gallery?

How can I connect with buyers?

How can I stand out from the rest?

How can I get a wider audience without spending money?

Should I be on eBay or other auction sites?

What about the social networking sites?

How can I avoid getting ripped off?

Where do I start?

Rather than answer these questions one at a time, I have decided to share this with everyone if there is enough interest.

It’s a lot of material, but it’s organized so it can be used in little increments or a full-on assault.
If you want to thrive in this economy, you’ll want to have this.

Many artists successfully make a living from their art. And we have fun doing it.

BTW: There are FAR MORE successful artists out there than you realize. Many of them are flying below the radar, which is why YOU don’t know about them. But their buying audience knows about them – and continues to buy, and buy, and buy.

Here’s the irony: Many of these successful artists are nowhere near as good as loads of unsuccessful artists. They simply know how to create red-hot sales – and keep it going. No matter what the economy. That’s what makes all the difference.

Let me know if you’re interested.

14 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Anderson said...

I'd be very interested in learning the answers to most of the questions that you posted. It's great of you to offer to share your knowledge with other struggling artists!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Cheryl Peddie said...

Hi Tom,
I've been following your blog for a while now, and I'd sure be interested to hear what you have to say on this topic. I've been painting for about 15 years, and working full-time for as many years. Would love to learn how to make a bit more income from my art, than I'm already making. Love your work. Thanks, Cheryl

2:04 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Sure, I'd love to know how to sell more of my art. I've been painting for about ten years and do sell occasionally but my sales are pretty modest.
Thanks, Bill

2:15 PM  
Blogger Princess Rashid said...

Hi Tom, I've also been following your blog for a while now, and I'm very interested in what you have to say on this topic.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Hi Tom!

I've really enjoyed your paintings on this blog since I found it this year and I'd love to hear what you have to say about the questions you mentioned!

Kevin

3:57 PM  
Blogger Marian Fortunati said...

Well I'm intrigued!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tom
I am interested

7:20 PM  
Blogger Justin Holdren said...

Definitely interested Tom!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Lindsey Elizabeth said...

I would love to have any information about selling artwork from a successful artist such as yourself! :)

8:50 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

I always value your knowledge!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Lori McNamara said...

Count me in, I would love to hear your views.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

me too, i'm interested to know too. - Sally

3:24 PM  
Blogger Ann Reyes said...

I'm interested, Tom! Thank you!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Carol Horzempa said...

I just started following your blog and am really interested in your knowledge on this topic.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home