Friday, March 05, 2010

BOAT AND SEA GULLS PLEIN AIR PAINTING by TOM BROWN


“A BLUR OF GULLS”
8x10 inch plein air oil painting
by Tom Brown

To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net

A shrieking blur of gulls swarmed this little boat as I painted it.

Seagulls had discovered something to eat in this boat and descended on it in a wild feeding frenzy. My brush fairly flew across the canvas to capture the effect while it lasted.

When the commotion was over I felt I had captured the essence of the moment in this painting. I hope you like it.

Thanks for looking. - - Tom Brown

2 Comments:

Blogger Shirley Peters said...

A fresh, exciting picture... love it!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a concept... before I start...
nice

Reminds me of Manet's flowers he was doing just before he died.

awsome!

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home