Sunday, June 21, 2009

PLEIN AIR IMPRESSIONIST LANDSCAPE by TOM BROWN


“EUCALYPTUS”
5x7 inch original plein air oil painting
by Tom Brown

SOLD

To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net

This painting was done as a demonstration for my students during a plein air workshop I conducted Saturday. I felt it would be interesting to share this on my blog as well.

I enjoy the graceful shapes of the various types of eucalyptus trees we have throughout Southern California. This painting emphasized the graceful lines of the limbs and the interesting clusters of richly colored foliage in these trees.


As a secondary lesson, this painting also called attention to the wide variety of greenery in the scene – the golden greens of the eucalyptus, the warmer greens in the bottom foreground and the colors in foliage along the edge of the hillside.

I was pleased with this little painting and hope you like it too.

Thanks for looking. Have a beautiful day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen Read said...

Its beautiful. I love the stateliness of the tree and the variety of greens. Very pleasing!

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home