Thursday, May 21, 2009

URBAN PLEIN AIR PAINTING by TOM BROWN


“ROOM WITH A VIEW”
6x6 inch original urban plein air
oil painting by Tom Brown
To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Occasionally I enjoy setting up my easel on a street corner and capturing a moment in the life of the city. The decorative architecture of this window in sunlight caught my eye. But more than the architecture attracted me.

Windows have always fascinated me. They offer a way to view the world, the seasons, friends and activities beyond the building. They offer both a barrier and an open invitation. A certain level of mystery accompanies windows above the ground level. They cannot be looked into, and therefore seem to hide secrets while revealing the outside world to anyone inside.

I was pleased with this piece, and hope you like it too.

Thanks for looking. Enjoy the view and have a wonderful day!

1 Comments:

Blogger R Yvonne Colclasure said...

I especially like this one, Tom.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home