Friday, May 22, 2009

PARK VENDOR, PLEIN AIR PAINTING by TOM BROWN


“SOMETHING TO BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY”
6x8 inch original urban plein air
oil painting by Tom Brown

To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

Occasionally I enjoy painting in urban settings and capturing a moment in the life of the city. This bright yellow vendor cart at the edge of a busy park caught my eye and I set up my easel in the shade of a tree.

There were many passersby and I painted my impression of them into the composition. None of this was done from photographs. The entire painting was done from life, and it was a challenge to capture the figures since each of them had to be painted from a brief glimpse as they passed through. I was pleased with the result, and I hope you like it too.

Thanks for looking. Enjoy the view and have a wonderful day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Victor Errington said...

Hi Tom.
You said you were pleased with the
result of this Painting,well,you
ought to be mate because I think it
is brilliant.How do you do it?.
All the best.
Vic.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Marian Fortunati said...

Lively and colorful... Caught my eye.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home