Monday, April 27, 2009

CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR by TOM BROWN




“PRICKLY PEAR CACTUS”
6x8 inch Impressionist Plein Air Painting
by Tom Brown

To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net

This was done as a demonstration painting during a Plein Air Class I taught last weekend in Laguna Canyon. As I finished the painting a small bird alighted on top of the cactus. It added a nice touch to the painting and I included him.

If you have ever wanted to try your hand at outdoor painting, here is your chance. Next weekend I begin teaching a 5-session Plein Air Workshop, and there is still time to register. If you are a beginner this is the perfect introduction to outdoor painting.

The first class is held in a large studio at the Irvine Fine Arts Center. If you don’t own an outdoor easel you can come to the first class without one. At that class I will demonstrate a variety of inexpensive outdoor painting kits, equipment, materials and techniques that will interest you. (I will show you one easel setup is actually FREE. It’s a great way to see if you like Plein Air Painting without spending a cent on special equipment.)

In this workshop I’ll show you why outdoor painting is so EASY and FUN, even if you are a first-time artist. I supply lots of personal guidance for each artist as needed, so you will fit right in!

All mediums are welcome but I will be demonstrating in oils. We meet at a breathtaking new location each Saturday morning, where I show you how to create your own plein air painting of each exciting vista.

You'll also learn:

-- How to make a plein air kit that's virtually free and goes anywhere.

-- My personal color mixing secrets and shortcuts.

-- 6 tips for creating plein air winners every time.

-- How to master values, composition and brushwork.

-- 4 ways to find inspiration in any scene.

We will paint at a variety of breathtaking locations around Orange County. Remember, I share all my inside tips and techniques and I give lots of one-on-one personal guidance. All skill levels are welcome.

For registration details, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Brave bird ;)
Beautifully done cactus.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home