Monday, March 16, 2009

URBAN PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“PORTLAND STREETCAR”
6x4 inch original oil painting by Tom Brown
To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

About This Painting:
Here is another location painting created during a recent visit with my son who lives in Portland. This bustling city scene and unique streetcar design caught my eye and I set up my small easel in a doorway along the sidewalk. Tucked away in my little refuge I was able to work quite unnoticed by the crowds of people hurrying past.

I live in Southern California and frequently paint California landscapes, harbors and ocean scenes on location. Portland’s downtown area provided an interesting change of subject matter and I was delighted to have the opportunity to work in a completely new locale. However I did miss the warm California sunshine. The morning after I completed this painting we were hit by a brief snowstorm!

About Me:
I’m a lifelong artist and host of a TV Art Instruction show. I also conduct painting workshops in Southern California where I teach oil painting in the Impressionist style. My paintings have sold through top galleries for over 20 years and my work is in private and corporate collections like Sears, Standard Oil, and Coca Cola.

Thanks for looking. Have a beautiful day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Maura Fine said...

Your new subject matter is absolutely wonderful! Love the energy of this one!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home