Sunday, March 15, 2009

URBAN PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN




“THEATER CROWD”
6x4 inch original oil painting by Tom Brown
To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

About This Painting:
This painting of Gerding Theater in Portland, Oregon was painted on location during a recent visit with my son who lives in Portland. I used my small paintbox to create a number of city scenes like this while my son was at his office during the workweek.

I live in Southern California and frequently paint California landscapes, harbors and ocean scenes on location. Portland’s downtown area provided an interesting change of subject matter and I was delighted to have my compact paintbox handy.

The light and shadow as well as the interesting architecture attracted me to this scene. A steady parade of pedestrians passed by as I worked, and I was inspired to include a number of them in the painting. As I completed the painting I realized that the crowd of pedestrians had created the perfect title for the painting: “THEATER CROWD.”

About Me:
I’m a lifelong artist and host of a TV Art Instruction show. I also conduct painting workshops in Southern California where I teach oil painting in the Impressionist style. My paintings have sold through top galleries for over 20 years and my work is in private and corporate collections like Sears, Standard Oil, and Coca Cola.

Thanks for looking. Have a beautiful day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Maura Fine said...

Beautiful!
Love the scene and the new pallet!!!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home