Friday, March 27, 2009

BARN, PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“WEATHERED WOOD”
8x6 inch original oil painting by Tom Brown
To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

This is a sister barn to “ANCIENT ONE,” which was posted on my blog a couple of days ago. Both barns are on the same property. In this painting I was interested in capturing the texture of the weathered wood, missing planks of siding, and the collection of odds and ends that had accumulated by the barn. What stories this old building could tell!

By the way if you’re an artist living in Orange County, California you may want to join my group of plein air painters this Saturday morning. I’m teaching a private workshop at the ocean, and newcomers are welcome. There is a small fee for the day’s session; email me for details if you’re interested: tombrownstudio@cox.net

Thanks for looking. Have a beautiful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home