Wednesday, February 11, 2009

SUNSET PLEIN AIR BY TOM BROWN




“DESSERT BEFORE DINNER”
10x6 inch original plein air painting
by Tom Brown

To purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net

“Dinner can wait,” my wife exclaimed, “you should really catch that in a painting!” After another rainy day we had decided to treat ourselves at our favorite restaurant. The skies cleared just as we neared the restaurant and this dramatic light show greeted us.

In a flash I pulled off the road and grabbed the lightweight metal paint box that I keep handy in the car. This sturdy little paint box is a treasure, especially at times like this. It holds everything I need; I simply open it and start painting. When the painting is complete I close the lid and it’s safely packed.

This painting was such a treat, it was like enjoying dessert before dinner.

By the way, full details about the paint box are in “USEFUL TIPS FOR PLEIN AIR PAINTING,” an electronic handout originally created for my plein air students. I have now made it available to other artists via email for just $10.

The handout also gives an overview of my plein air working methods complete with two step-by-step demonstrations. And I provide a complete packing list, tips on how to dress for painting outdoors, and details on an innovative tool for solving perspective problems on location. Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net if you’re interested.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim Weber said...

WOW! love this one Tom.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home