Tuesday, February 03, 2009

PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN




“TREES ALONG THE TRACKS”
6x6 inch plein air oil painting
by Tom Brown
If you would like this little gem for your wall, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net

I spotted these trees along a local walking path near railroad tracks. I had my lightweight plein air kit handy and quickly set up my gear to capture this in oils. I was especially interested in the lighting and color, but in addition to that I felt this was an opportunity to use expressive brushwork in this little study. I was pleased with the results. Hope you like it too.

Full details about the painting kit are in “USEFUL TIPS FOR PLEIN AIR PAINTING,” an electronic handout originally created for my plein air students. (Now available for just $10 via email.)

The handout also gives an overview of my plein air working methods complete with two step-by-step demonstrations. And I provide a complete packing list, tips on how to dress for painting outdoors, and details on an innovative tool for solving perspective problems on location. Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net if you’re interested.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anita said...

You make it look so easy! That light is gorgeous.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home