Friday, February 06, 2009

MYSTERY FRUIT PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“MYSTERY FRUIT”
6x6 inch original oil painting
by Tom Brown
If you would like this colorful painting for your wall, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

I can’t remember the name of this fruit, but it makes a great subject for a still life. I believe this fruit is a cross between a tangerine and a grapefruit. They are similar to large oranges with an unusual top.

In my evening workshop this week the project was to paint still life compositions from life. One of the artists brought in several branches like this from a fruit tree in her yard and generously shared them with others to use in paintings.

After class she gave me several of these and I painted this the next morning while the leaves were still fresh. Now that I’ve painted them I can sample the fruit. Yumm.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lori McNamara said...

Nice, they look like honey bell oranges.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Kim Weber said...

Hi Tom, Love the painting! I think they are tangelos.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

Whatever they are they are very pretty. I really like the way you do leaves - they look like blades.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

fabulous! Great edges. Lovely color harmony.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home