Monday, January 05, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM TOM BROWN


“STUDIO BRUSH JAR”
6x8 inch original oil painting
by Tom Brown

To purchase this painting, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.

I would like to suggest a New Year’s Resolution for every artist who follows this blog: Make this the year when you actually get outside and paint directly from nature (en plein air). Your studio paintings will improve greatly as a result, even if you’re simply painting a glass jar filled with brushes.

Plein air painting will help you add artistic flair to all your work, which helps any subject come alive. For example some of the brush strokes in this painting seem to border on being out of control, yet they are carefully and thoughtfully placed to capture the essence of the subject while retaining the same freshness I put into my plein air paintings.

You don’t need to spend a fortune on special easels and gear to paint outdoors. In my “PLEIN AIR QUICK-START PACKAGE” I show a plein air setup that is virtually free and travels anywhere. Email for details: tombrownstudio@cox.net.

I hope 2009 unfolds beautifully for you in every way.

2 Comments:

Blogger bollywood girls said...

i like your blog ....

4:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks u r information

its very useful

web design company, web designer, web design India,website design,web design

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home