Saturday, January 03, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM TOM BROWN






“PEACEFUL MORNING FOG”
6x8 inch original Plein Air oil painting
by Tom Brown

To purchase this painting, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.

Another beautiful fog blanketed the area this morning. Sounds were muffled and peacefulness surrounded me as I worked. Yesterday I had hoped to capture the fog in a painting but the weather changed too soon (see yesterday’s blog). This time I caught it before the fog lifted.

I realized this would be a valuable lesson in tonalist painting for my Plein Air workshop students, so I photographed the painting in detailed steps as it developed. A few of the steps are shown here.

In my upcoming Plein Air Workshop beginning January 10th I will provide my students with large photos of each step, along with a detailed explanation so that they can better understand how to approach this type of subject.

If you live in the area you may enjoy participating in this workshop. All skill levels are welcome, and I have some new and interesting lessons planned for everyone. Email me for details if you’re interested: tombrownstudio@cox.net.

If you can’t attend my live workshops, check out my CDs and DVDs for lessons on studio painting as well as Plein Air painting. It’s the next best thing to being there with me.

Thanks for looking. I hope all your dreams come true in the New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home